Thursday, October 22, 2009

More Ping Pong

Last night, I had youth group. This lasted from seven to eight o' clock. At about six-thirty, I started playing table tennis with the youth instructor. We continued playing after everyone left. Since I didn't have any homework, I decided to keep playing. He must have been having a good time, too, because we didn't stop playing until nine, when the pastor left.

I learned how to read his moves. I started to get a feel for my own playing style, also. I am generally a player who hits the ball with normal speed until a tasty lookg ball gets hit to me. I then smack that ball, so that the other player has both a lower chance to hit the ball, and gets a little intimidated by me. I also tried to change it up, by hitting the ball very softly. I found out that if I serve the ball softly, usually my opponent will hit the ball back softly, and I will be able to smack the ball back down on them.

Tonight from three to four, ping pong club will be meeting for the second time. I missed the first meeting, so this will be my first. I don't expect to be good compared to many of them, but I can surely be worthy competition. Maybe I'll talk about it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment