Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bus trips

Yesterday was weird.

It was Saturday morning, I had just woken up at about 8:30, which seemed very late to me. I got ready for band. I packed 2 pairs of sweatpants, 5 pairs of socks (two blacks, one green baseballs, and two short whites), a white shirt, a sweatshirt, and some oatmeal creme pies. I got to school at 10 to practice. We practiced until 12, when we left to get lunch. We go back at 1:30 to get onto the bus. From school, we chartered to Kingston Stadium, where we had our first competition. This performance was merely a warmup for the one later that night, though. After the performance, we recieved bags of food, that would be our supper. We were to eat on the bus.

And the bus is where we had fun. Lots of fun. About mid-trip, we decided to play the slumber partyish game called truth or dare. Since truths are boring in highschool (for most people), we decided to only do dares. The first dare was given to Carl (I switched the real names up for privacy). Carl had to lick Drew's shoe. Reluctantly, he stuck his toungue out, and was about to poke Drew's shoe with his tongue, when Drew shoved his shoe all over Carl's tongue. The next dare was to a girl who wasn't quite as crazy as the rest of us. The dare was "I dare you to tell us the most dateable guy in band". She didn't ever give a good answer. As we continued going around to everyone, the dares got increasingly, well, daring. Alicia licked in between Kyle's big and second toes, and she thought that all feet were gross. Eventually, we were passing a peice of gum from person to person. This actually didn't make anybody sick. From the perspective of a bystander, seeing kids kissing each other and passing gum, in a way most couples wouldn't even do, we seemed like very disturbed people. For us, though, we were just having the best time we've had in weeks, if not months.

Eventually, the lights turned on and we had to get off the bus. We then performed and froze our toes off. It wasn't until the bus ride home that we got really weird (recall the first sentence of this post). First of all, on night time bus rides, we cannot sit girl-boy. This reaked havoc with the past seating arrangement. But we got it figured out. I ended up sitting by Scott. I was in the isle seat, so I could easily talk to Kali and Carl. At first, we were bored. We had been told to keep quiet, and that resulted in the sleeping of most people. Scott, Kali, Carl, and I all stayed awake, however. We decided about 20 minutes into the ride to play a question game.

It was like truth or dare from earlier, but instead of playing dare, we played truth. I remember saying that we should start easy. The first question was to me. Kali simply said three words, boxers or breifs. The questions following that were very personal, and though the identities of others are protected, mine is not. But I can say that I told those three people things that I never told to my girlfriend, who I had been going out with for 22 months. We told personal stories that have been sitting inside ourselves for years. I explained why I broke up with my ex-girlfriend, and also why I liked her. We were so very open. I am not sure why we did this. I'm sure that being with this same group of people for a long time attributes to it. That is also probably why we did the dare game earlier. I think that we also just wanted to talk to somebody about those things that we had never told anyone. Aside from the awkwardness, it was fun to talk about things people don't usually talk about. It was exciting. Truth or dare was definently my favorite part of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment