Thursday, October 15, 2009

Limo Business

I think the chances of my dad buying the limo, either as a loan for me or to just help me buy it, are pretty high. This is partly because I showed him how much I was into this idea, and also because I know that he is interested in making a small business out of it.


To me, making a business would be the coolest thing. I would love to drive people around as a job. I would always get dressed up and I would get a funny looking limo driver hat. I might even buy some white gloves. I could make posters to put up around my church and some local schools. I could even drive for proms.

But there is a big problem. Without being 18, I cannot obtain a chauffeur's licence. Without this, I cannot legally charge people to give them rides. I think I have a way of getting around that, though. I can drive people around for free. If they so choose, perhaps they could give me an early birthday present. If I got pulled over by a cop, I'm almost sure that he wouldn't buy that, though, but I think that I might be able to defend myself pretty well in court.

Since I'm not actually legal driver, I know that whatever my standard under the table wage is would have to decrease. But for a kid who can only make minimum wage anyways, that isn't bad. A normal limo ride might charge upwards from 100 dollars per hour. I read that one can get a 2006 Sedan to come pick them up and drive them around for 60 dollars an hour. That's like a taxi driver making 60 dollars an hour. Since I actually will be getting a limo, I could probably add twenty dollars to that 60. But it isn't a new, luxury limo. This is an '87 Lincoln Town Car limo with seats for maybe 6. This takes my price down about 20. Now, back at 60, I only have to account for one more thing. I don't have a license. I suppose this should cut my price about in half. Also, because I don't have a license, I couldn't charge an amount, but just earn tips. I think that tips would be pretty high, though, if I'm giving away free limo rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment