Saturday, April 3, 2010

My opinion on an issue

I was talking to a friend a long time ago, and he started talking about getting made fun of (I don't know what led up this conversation, but I wish I did!), and afterward, I thought about it, and I realized that I totally disagree with him in every way. This is a message I sent to him.

You know how you said that if someone makes fun of you for something you can change, it doesn't hurt (because it isn't permanent), but if they make fun of you for something you can't change, it hurts (because you can't change it, no matter what you do)?

I disagree:
If someone makes fun of me for being a Fatty McFatasaur, I know that I could change that by exercising and eating better. It is my fault that I'm fat (to an extent). If someone makes fun of me for my big head (in the most literal sense), it is not my fault and I can't do anything to change it, so I don't take offense to it.

1 comment: