Saturday, April 10, 2010

ACTs (good side)

This morning I took the ACT test. It wasn't a great experience, but I think I did okay.

My strength is math. I truly would not be surprised if I got a 36 on my math portion of the test. I don't feel like I didn't know how to do anything, and the few questions I circled (to come back to) I went back to and re-answered correctly. I doubt I will get a 36, however, because of a not-so-rare occurrence commonly known as a stupid mistake. Aside from that section, I don't feel so good.

Science is my next best section. Basically, all you do is look at tables and answer questions about them. It takes very little actual knowledge of science. Knowing what the prompt is talking about is helpful, though. I remember that every science test I have ever taken has had 4 major parts. Firstly, an easy part. This could be understood by anyone. It's like a graph that says when Sally sells more lemonade, she makes more money. According to diagram 3, how much money will Sally make if she sells 35 glasses of lemonade? Next, there is a biology question. This could be genomes, animals, or plants. This is a little more complicated, because you might actually have to read the experiment to see what the people in the problem are doing. After doing this, though, it is pretty easy to figure out what the questions are asking. The third section is usually chemistry (it's nice, because it goes in the order that I took the classes). These could be mixing chemicals or even viscosity questions. Chemistry may be the only subject that you need to know something about to do well on. Then, the physics questions are also very simple, but sometimes they can trip you up with weird lingo and lots of jargon.

No comments:

Post a Comment