Saturday, April 24, 2010

Denver Phanic

Sunday was a nice day. First, we had family at our house. It was good to see them. Also, we got to play a big game of volleyball, which was a blast. Finally, my cousins from Denver came, and we got to show them phanic.

Only six people (aside form my cousins) came to play, so it was a good thing the two of my cousins did come. We played a half-court game. This was because we only had four people, and also because there was a softball game. The softball game was probably not going to interfere with phanic, but playing full-court would have made it possibility of interference greater.

We didn't give my cousins much instruction before we began play. I gave them a quick run-down of some rules on the way over, but nothing about strategy or technique. We just got on the field, picked teams, and played.

I had Mike on my team, and the other team had Matt. I am always surprised by Mike. He got some really good plays in, despite his 5 year age difference from the rest of us.

This should probably be credited to baseball, which both Matt and Mike play.

So now Matt will go back home and start phanic with his friends. Hopefully, he can make a team that it comparable to ours, so that we can maybe have some away games against each other. This will make the game of phanic much more fun and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment