Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ultimate Club

There are two groups of kids that go to Kennedy that play ultimate. One is the group I play with. We aren't very good, but we still have a lot of fun. Certain people who are very into it have insisted that the sport is no-contact, so we play close to that.

The other group actually has a club formed at Kennedy. They are the ultimate club. they sometimes play a little rougher, which I think I would rather prefer, but since I don't know many of them, I stay with my own group.

Today, the group I play with and I were playing at the Kennedy soccer field, when ultimate club came to play. There were only around 6 of them and about 10 of us, so we couldn't play a game against them, so we integrated and played a very large game.

It was very interesting, playing with people I didn't know. I had to quick figure out who could throw, catch, run, etc. Also, the captains, who picked the teams, weren't well informed on who the best players were. This made the teams come out uneven.

Of course, I was on the team that wasn't as good (as I always seem to be). I figured out a way to compete, however. I did the same thing as I did when I was playing on a team of 3 against a team of 5 (and all of the other team was better than most of our team). What I did was catch the disc after the kickoff, and then hold it until my teammates were in the end zone. I then threw the disc as far as I could, and my teammates usually would catch it for the point.

Playing with new people was very fun, I plan on doing it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment