Sunday, January 10, 2010

Volleyball

So today, at 3, I am going to be playing men's volleyball at school. It is a new sport, as far as I can see. I think that it will be enough of a sport, rather than a group, so I will be able to get gym credit with it. I'm not sure whether or not I'll continue with it, because I was planning on working and playing tennis in the spring. I know I won't be playing both sports, because I want some time to work.

Playing volleyball just sounds fun. I remember in middle school we played it during gym. I think I was pretty good, but that was a long time ago. Also, I got a couple friends to come play with me.

I don't know how everyone thinks of guys playing volleyball, though. It's kind of girlish. I remember in 6th grade, I was going to sign up for volleyball inter-murals. I was the only guy, though, and I remember my L.A. teacher giving me the sign up sheet and announcing it to the class. She was just trying to embarrass me, and I dealt with it well, I think, but a bunch of people were supportive of it. Also, I don't feel embarrassed to do things a little out of the ordinary. Just the other day, I wore PJs to school. My reasoning was that I forgot to change my pants in the morning. Also, I wear a friendship bracelet that my friend and I made when we were bored in German class. I've had that on for about two months now.

Needless to say, I'm not embarrassed to play volleyball. I think it would be interesting, when most guys play football or soccer, and I played volleyball. Also, I have been working out in an attempt to stay in shape, so I don't have to worry about starting a workout schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment