Thursday, January 14, 2010

Roller Skating

I haven't roller skated in many, many years. The last time would have to be at the super skate, where I went with my elementary school friends. I never got any roller blades. If I had them, I might have experimented with these shoes that were so much cooler than their counterparts: skates.

On Sundays, I used to play phanic at school. I rememeber always seeing a man rollerblading in the south lot parking lot. It's kind of cool that he doesn something that nobosy else does, because we were playing a game that nobody else was. But we saw him every Sunday, and he was probably out on other days of the week too. This makes me wonder what I'll do when I get older to stay fit.

My dad runs. He was a big runner in high school, and kept with it in the army. After maybe 10 years of running, he kept with it.

I hate running. I played baseball last year, and we ran a lot. I was unlucky enough to get shin splints. This caused me to run without putting pressure on my shins, which is kind of hard. The shin splints went away by the end of the season, but I didn't like running any more.

Since baseball, though I haven't been running, I have been waking up early and working out before school. This keeps me in shape, but only to an extent. When researching about my topic for my revised essay, I found out that there are three types of exercise. Strength, aerobics, and flexibility. I have worked on strength, but not the other two. This was evident when I played basketball with a few friends a couple weeks back. I was having more trouble running up and down the court than the others who haven't been exercising at all.

I plan on working on my aerobic self. That means I should start running. This is handy, because I got running shoes for Christmas this year. When it warms up, I will start running around the track, or on the sidewalks before working out, or after working out. This will help my playing phanic, because there is a lot of running involved. Also, I could be like my dad and continue running to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment