Monday, January 4, 2010

My magic bullet

Of course, my first blog after Christmas has to be about what I got this year. Apart from the usual candy, shirts, odd gifts (like water bottles, winter gloves two months late, and bowling shoes three months after the season began), and a few seasons of one of my favorite sitcoms, Seinfeld, I got a gift that I thought would never come. This was my Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle. I had seen it advertised many times with the same 10 minute commercial, which never got any better. My Magic Bullet, as seen on TV, was my best present this year.

The magic bullet is one of those products that everyone knows about, but nobody thinks about. When I told people about my present, many didn't know what I was talking about, until I told them that it was a blender that could do anything in ten seconds or less, as seen on TV. They immediately knew what I was talking about, but didn't always show as much excitement as I did. Some people were actually rude enough to tell me that they had gotten one of those years ago, when it was only sold on TV. This, of course, dampened my spirits, but I had plenty to stay excited.

This wonderful gift not only was exciting when I opened it, but I still use it (a week later, can you believe it?). Every morning, I make a protein shake before going to school. I used to pour milk into a water bottle, and then add a scoop of protein powder (chocolate flavored), to make the gritty, watery breakfast, that I sometimes couldn't force down my throat. The difference with the magic bullet it that I can mix the powder into the milk better. This makes the drink more like chocolate milk than chocolate grit and milk. Also, the magic bullet allows me to add additional flavors, such as strawberries or bananas. Just this morning, I added a banana to my shake. I actually thought that it tasted good. Surely, the banana added many health benefits to the drink, as well.

Tomorrow, I will not be able to make a shake quite as tasty as today's version, because I used the last banana, but I can instead ass strawberries. These are my two favorite additives to a chocolate shake, but some people don't understand why I like it so much. I simply explain that chocolate and strawberries is just like dipping strawberries in chocolate, which is common. Also, at my favorite ice cream parlor, they sell bananas dipped in chocolate (monkey tails).

The magic bullet is a very helpful tool for me. It helps me enjoy my odd choice of having six o' clock zero hour gym. It also helps my family stay healthy, because it's easy to use operation allows even my technologically challenged parents to use it. As you can see, this blender was my favorite present this year by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment