Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hair dye

I was bored one day in creative writing, because I had my homework already done. I decided to look up how to make the perfect koolaid drink, because I made one this morning that was absolutely horrible. I found out that there is no perfect amount of sugar. Some people like tart juice, and some people like sweet juice. I think I like the sweet stuff (more sugar than normal), and I used no sugar at all, so it was very, very tart.

I then found a tab on the side of the screen that had related articles. One was "how to dye your hair with koolaid". I had heard of doing this, but like most things I've heard of, I didn't know how to do it, so I clicked the link. If I was to try dying my hair with koolaid, I would make koolaid like I was making juice to drink, and then dunk my head in the juice. That is not the way to do it. If I had done that, it would have been a very sticky situation! You have to mix koolaid mix with hair conditioner. After mixing it well, you put it in your hair for a long time. The longer you have it in for, the more your hair is colored.

Later that day, I tried this. I went to a pizza joint with a friend (that's our hangout spot), and got out the mix and conditioner. I used the lid of the mix as a bowl, and a spoon I found at the store. After mixing for a few minutes, I decided that it was ready. I went to the bathroom, and put the stuff in my hair. 16 hours later, it was dry, hard, and it hurt. I decided that if 16 hours didn't do anything, nothing would. So I rinsed it out. As far as I can tell, there was no change at all.

I suppose I should have bleached my hair first, like the "how to" told me to....

No comments:

Post a Comment