Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bowling

Every Saturday I bowl. I bowl for a league, which means my games are relatively cheap (7 dollars per series(3 games per series)). Also, I am in a team within the league. We play other teams like ourselves ranging from 3-4 bowlers. There is no requirement for being there every Saturday, so you don't have to pay if you don't go. My team consists of my ex-girlfriend (she was my girlfriend when we signed up, but then things happened and we're cool now), and another girl from the school bowling team. We used to have 4 bowlers, but the 4th bowler never showed, so we took her off the team (she bowled for the school team too). Recently, I got a new ball. It is heavier than my other ball (by 2 lbs, it's a 14 and the old one was 12). It is also a better materiel for grabbing the lane, which makes it hook more.

Two days ago, I bowled for school. It was a practice, so we got 3 games. Unfortunately, I got called during my second game and had to leave (also got in big trouble with jazz band, but that's a story for later). My first game, however, I did great. I got my all-time high score, which is now 197. I must have been lucky, I told people, because it was the first time using that ball on the lanes we were at, and only the second time ever.

Today, during league, I didn't get as lucky as I had before. I got around 150 each of my 3 games. I'm still getting used to my ball, though. If I start doing good enough, I might look into getting some scholarships, however small, to a college for bowling. Since I plan on possibly going to a state school, chances are that they will have bowling teams, and possibly even scholorships, so I figure that my chances are above average.

No comments:

Post a Comment