Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pretty Weather

I will do that movie post, but for now I am going back to my car.

Today I was climbing a hill in my car on 42nd street when a flashing light appeared in front of me. It was the brightest sun I had looked straight into in a long while. I could still see the road, but I noticed that I, as well as the other drivers, had slowed down below the speed limit (which doesn't happen too often). I looked to the side to try to see the road that I may or may not have been driving on, and I saw that I didn't drift into another lane. I also saw the tennis court filled with people. There was not one open spot. I noticed how much I wanted to play tennis, and justified my habit of keeping two tennis rackets in my trunk. But I couldn't stop to play, so I continued on.

Again I looked to the side of the street to see where I was, but this time I looked to the left side. Hovering over the trees and condos where some majestically pink and white palaces floating in the sky. They were not normal, in that they caught the light of the sun like an icicle. Rays entered into the thinly walled structure and snuck out as rays of mandarin orange. The sight was incredible. My only regret was that I had to keep looking down to see the road.

Another time that I couldn't take my eyes off the sky was a morning going to school. The sun was rising right in front of me as I was going to school. I knew that I wouldn't be able to see the whole portrait if I turned right on Edgewood, my normal route, so I didn't. Instead, I made a detour. The sky was lit by the sun that I couldn't quite see yet. The air coming into my front left window and out the back right was very refreshing. I remember thinking that this is not my normal half asleep drive to school.

There is something about nature that can make me feel refreshed no matter how I felt before. It is kind of like the occasional dill pickle that I eat right after waking up. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I feel like I am wasting precious sleeping time. I am, after all, waking up a whole hour earlier than I have to to be to school on time. Sometimes I get up and remember that something ecxiting will happen today. Usually I don't fully wake up until I'm in my car, when I feel the fresh air and see the mist like a blanket to fields of overgrown grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment