Monday, September 21, 2009

Done Working

Well I think I got my previous problem resovled. I went to work today and worked for three hours, and then when I was done, the guy that hired me came and talked to me. He talked about how I only work like 6 hours a week sometimes and told me that the shop doesn't need me too much. He said it very nicely, of course, and afterwards told me to write a calandar with all the hours I could work this month. I decided that since I was kind of on the fence about quitting, and he was on the fence about firing me, I won't make a calandar. Tomorow I will work for 3 hours, and later I will get 6 hours of work directly deposited into my bank account (good thing I straightened my direct deposit last Saturday).

I feel weird. I don't feel sad that I lost my job. I'm not happy that I don't have to work anymore. I know that my dream of getting an old car and fixing it up this summer to make it work will not happen without a job. Maybe I could work again in the summer. I don't know if I want to work there again though.

I think that it is comical that I cannot work. All last summer, throughout the summer, I applied at any place that had employees. In a two block area, I applied at Taco Bell, Starbucks, Auto Zone, Subway, Arbys, Sonic, and probably a couple more that I cannot remember right now. Sonic, my friend told me, hires anyone that might acidentally drop their information at Sonic. I tried applying to be a janitor in a couple different places, which wouldn't have worked well at all with my schedule. The first day of school, Honda, a place that hires only full-time adults, gave me an interview and I got the job. Not only was I lucky to get the job, the location was great too. It was right across the street from my church and just down the street from my school. On top of that, I got to work with cars.

The job was just turning into a job, rather than a fun afterschool place to be, when I had doubts about it. I guess it has taught me things about cars and work environment.

I guess I will just keep on living and see what it feels like to not have a job again. Hopefully it's a nice, relaxing feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment