Thursday, September 10, 2009

My ride/trip

I love to drive and I love cars, though I can't say I know too much about them. I have a 'hand me down' '91 Tercel that my aunt used to own. It is blue and has a bluish graying interior. The roof of the car's paint has deteriorated, leaving an odd lighter and less shiny look to it. Unfortunantly, it is a very small car and the top is very visible. Also, my aunt was sitting at a stoplight when a semi truck came around the corner too sharp and ran over the corner of the car. I believe that she backed up in a hurry, because the damage isn't very extensive. There is a sizable dent and the paint has been rubbed off. Incredibly, there is only one spot of rust, which is on the left windsheild wiper. I have only seen one other Tercel in my life. It was green, but looked very similar to mine. Maybe they don't usually last long. Mine, however, has broken 220 thousand miles as of a couple weeks ago.

I will be adding a significant amount to that number this weekend. A couple mornings ago, I got up at 6, like always, and went to gym at 6:30. As I was driving to school, I noticed that everyone had their lights on, even though one could see easily, but I turned mine on as well. When I got to school, I parked at a reasonably good spot, because people never want to back into their spot, but want to face outwards, so spots get left in the front. I backed in and checked to make sure I parked okay, then I got out of the car. I went to the trunk to get my bag, but I never saw my lights, that were still on. It was too light to see them. So I had my lights on the whole school day. After school I couldnt start my car, so I called a friend who might have jumper cable, but he told me to just talk to the shop teacher. I hurroed over there, lest I be late to work, and after some negotiation, he traded the wires for my phone. I got my car started with the help of a friend, then went to work. Later that night my dad told me that I need to recharge my battery. I asked if I could just leave it on, but he said the best way to do it is take a road trip. Now this was ironic because last summer my parents wouldn't let me go on a roadtrip. Of course this is different, because I wanted to go to Canada, but still a tad ironic. So I decided that since I am working Saturday, I will go Sunday after phanic. I didn't think about where to go until the next day, today actually.

In Physics, our teacher will teach for maybe 20 minutes, then let us work on a worksheet or read the book. This teaching works for me, because I get math type problems easily. Other people don't feel the same way about him. But since he only teaching for 20 minutes, he has a lot of time to digress. Today he was talking about acceleration, and then I dozed a little, then he was talking about a great sandwich in some town up north. Well, I thought, I need a place to go for my roadtrip. So I raised my hand and asked him where he was talking about, and how far away. He said it was in some town in Minnesota, so I dropped that idea. But as he saw my interest, he said there was a great convenience store that sells the best cheese curds and cappicino in the world. I asked where that was, and he said Center Point. I asked him how could I find it and he said that it's right there. Also, I would know I'm there because noone that works there has any teeth. So I decide where to go.

Then I planned the trip. I would go up highway 380 to Center Point, then go north on Center Point Rd, then east until I get to the town just north of Central City. I will then go and eat my cheese curds. Then I go south and west and I am back at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment