Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bananas

After working out in the mornings, I always eat a large breakfast. This breakfast includes a protein shake, two bananas, and two peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I drink the protein shake immediately after my workout, the bananas after I shower, and the sandwiches during classes. The bananas are important because they give energy throughout the whole day.

Bananas come in many shapes and colors. Colors when ripe include yellow, red, and purple. Plantains are a firmer, larger variety of bananas and are often eaten after being cooked. Bananas are grown in banana plants, but are often mistaken for banana trees because of their size and stature.

Bananas have many health benefits. They help to prevent many types of cancers, and can also help to treat kidney stones and high blood pressure. What I am looking for, however, is that there is a lot of vitamin B, vitamin C, and potassium. This means that they give athletes electrolytes quickly.

This healthy addition to my breakfast is also very tasty. Sometimes, I eat it with a Hershey's bar. Banana and chocolate go together very well, whether it is in smoothie form, or just eating the bar with the banana. Also, I sometimes add banana slices to my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The jelly-banana mixture isn't great, but the overall taste is pretty good. Most of the time, I just eat the bananas plain. I like the taste of bananas, and haven't gotten tired of it after a few weeks of the diet.

The taste, the health factor, and the exoticness all contribute to make the banana a great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment