Thursday, March 18, 2010

Running

I am planning on starting to run in the near future. I want to be better at running for a few reasons. My main reason is Phanic. Also, I plan to play a lot of ultimate (frisbee) and tennis.

Phanic is a lot like soccer. This is because the soccer field is used, soccer nets are used, but most importantly: there is a lot of running. On offense, I always have to run around to keep the ball. Also, running is important to get open, so that someone on my team can pass is to me. On defense, I have to chase the person with the ball. Also, if they pass it, I may have to run to guard them. Running is necessary for almost every aspect of phanic, and if I get good at it, I can increase my performance potential.

Ultimate also involves a lot of running. Often, we play on large fields, such as the soccer field. The biggest obstacle with this game is getting open. Since there is no moving with the frisbee, all plays are passing plays. Because of this, peolpe guard receivers (everyone on offense). Also, a strategy I use often is putting people in the endzone and throwing as hard as I can. If I was one of those designated people that was supposed to run to the endzone, the quicker I get there, the better.

Tennis is an obvious reason to need to run well. People who play tennis run all over their side of the court, and quickly too.

Running better is very important to me. I plan to take part in many activities that involve running, so I plan to run every morning before school. Only then, will I get better at phanic/tennis/ultimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment