Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ultimate

This weekend would have been boring if not for a certain sport: Ultimate. I played ultimate three times during the weekend, and had loads of fun. I also got to be with friends, and even meet some new people. Ultimate is a great way to enjoy being with friends, making friends, and exercising.

Firstly, I want to clarify as to what ultimate is. The name came from "ultimate frisbee", but as my spell check just informed me, frisbee is not a word. Frisbee is a brand name, but since it was so monopolizing over the disc industry, people started calling the discs frisbees. Another example of this is when I go and blow my nose in a "kleenex".

Playing ultimate is great exercise. This is because there is so much running. Most people, when describing ultimate to newcomers, explain that it is like football, but there is only one down. Also, whenever a pass is complete, the team gets a new first down, even if the pass is backwards. But since the person with the disc cannot run (also a rule), everyone else has to run to try to get open.

I met at least ten people when playing ultimate in one game. Many were college students, so I didn't know most of them. When playing a game like ultimate, people learn each others names quickly, because it is hard to get the attention of the person with the disc if you don't know their name.

Also, ultimate is fun. Exhilarating passes and touchdowns and throws make the game exciting for everyone. Ultimate is a great way to spend time with friends.

Ultimate is a great sport that should be played by more people. Since it is fun, people will love to play it. Meeting new people, having fun with friends, and getting exercise are just good side effects of playing ultimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment