Monday, May 17, 2010

Location, Location, Location

Everything I do on Sunday afternoons are in the same mile-radius.

Sometimes I have to work. I work at an ice cream parlor just a few blocks down from my school. I love my job and have fun working there.

If I'm not working, or before I go to work, I play sports. These are all done at my high-school. I play volleyball in the gym with my team and sometimes other teams that practice there. Usually after, but sometimes before volleyball, I also play two other sports.

Sometimes I get people to play ultimate. This is usually a bunch of kids in my grade, some freshman, and some college students. All the high-schoolers are from Kennedy, and most of the college students usually come from Iowa State University. We play on the Kennedy soccer field, where end-zones are marked as goalie-boxes, or sometimes if it is a smaller game, we use the large light-poles on the east side of the field. Also, the field is often a little bit muddy, which makes it easy to fall down in some places. I like this, because it makes the game have more variables, and people can't win off of plain skill and athletic abilities. Finally, the mud makes your shirt look awesome when you slide in it, after diving for a pass.

Phanic is the final sport I play in that area. We play it also on the Kennedy soccer field. We haven't had any trouble with multiple sports at the same time and place, mainly because the schedules of ultimate, phanic, and volleyball revolve around each other. A large chunk of people who play volleyball also play phanic, and ultimate.

Though there are about 5 people who play all three sports, most people who play each one of the sports play only the one sport. This makes sense with the college students, who wouldn't be allowed to play volleyball. But playing ultimate and phanic should be interchangeable. I will work on trying to make all these people who can play multiple sports play all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment