Sunday, May 2, 2010

1pm

20 April 2010.

I was sitting in band. Mr. Bird was saying the announcements. One announcement was that Aaron (percussion player) should pick people to play for orchestra. Orchestra is a bunch of string players, and the best few trumpets, trombones, tuba, percussion, and some woodwind players. After a few performances, people started disliking orchestra, and now nobody wants to do it. This is why Aaron was told to pick people, instead of just taking the best 4 or 5 players. Immediately after Mr. Bird asked Aaron to do this, I turn around and whisper to Aaron, "can I play?!"


23 April 2010.

First orchestra practice. I played the suspended cymbal. All I had to do was hit the opposite sides and get louder and louder. People kept walking through the band room to get their instruments, and I would flinch every time they opened a door. I was scared that Mr. Bird might see me playing percussion (I am a trumpet player), and make someone else do it, instead.


1 May 2010.

I was working at Parlor City, a local ice cream parlor. Mr. Bird came through the drive-through. This was the second time I saw him. Last time, he saw two of his students (Hailee and me), and asked how many Kenned Band students worked here (at the time it was just us two). Because of that, I told him that another of his students just got hired ten minutes ago (which was very true). He said that that was pretty cool, and then asked me if I was going to be at the orchestra rehearsal tomorrow. I told him that I had practice, but would probably be there. He said cool, and that he would see me there. I guess he's playing the bass guitar like last year.


2 May 2010

Volleyball is at 1. Orchestra is at 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment