Monday, May 17, 2010

Kirkwood

I just enrolled at Kirkwood, where I will be taking a Calculus I class. The description of the class is "Includes limits, derivative, differentiation, the differential elementary applications of calculus and introduction to integration." The first time I looked at this, it seemed like a foreign language, but then I realized that I already do most of these things in my pre-calc class right now.

I then decided to compare and contrast the descriptions of my current class and this one.

"TRIGONOMETRIC FUNCTIONS is the study of trigonometry of right angles
and the unit circle, proof of trigonometric identities, inverse functions,
derivations of trigonometric formulas, solutions of trigonometric equations;
ANALYSIS 1 is the study of elementary functions with an introduction to limit,
continuity, the derivative and application of maximum and minimum, with respect
to polynomial functions; integration and anti-differentiation are also
introduced; ANALYSIS 2 is a continuation of ANALYSIS 1, with emphasis on
applying differential calculus techniques to trigonometric, logarithmic, and
exponential functions"

The only differences I see is that pre-calc has more trigonometry and Calculus has more in-depth content. I will have to see if this class really is easy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment