Saturday, May 8, 2010

Finances

I got a job about a month and a half ago. I work about three times a week. With the job, came money.

Luckily for me, my parents pay for my car insurance and gas. Also, when I need something (shoes, food...), they will buy it for me. It is just as if I didn't have a job. This lets me save all of my money, if I choose.

And to save is my choice. I put my money in the bank immediately after I get my check. Sometimes I use my debit card, but only when I have to.

This money adds up quickly. I am saving up for a reason. I figure that after college, I will make much more money than I am currently. For this reason, I am not saving for college. Instead, partly because my car is dying, I am planning to buy a vehicle.

I have three main areas of interest. Firstly, a motorcycle. I am going to take the motorcycle class at Kirkwood to learn how to drive as soon as I get a free weekend. I guess I won't know for sure if I like riding a motorcycle until I take that class, but I figure I probably will. I always loved riding my bicycle, and my dad had a motorcycle.

Secondly, I could get a limousine. There was a limo for sale a few months back. I loved it, but my dad wasn't so thrilled. I knew I would have to earn money to buy it for myself, if I chose to pursue that option. This limo is cheap, but old. Also it isn't a stretch, so I wouldn't have to get a special license or anything to drive it. It would just be that cool thing that I have and drive around every once in a while, much like the motorcycle.

My third choice would be a pick-up. Pick-ups are plain cool. They can haul things (like the ping-pong table that I recently had to get a friend to pick up for me), they can haul around people in the back, and they don't get stuck in the mud, like my current car. A down-side is that there is no trunk. Currently, I have my trunk packed full of junk that I use, though rarely.

No comments:

Post a Comment