Monday, December 14, 2009

Solitaire

With the addition of solitaire to my blog, I am blogging about the two games that I play after finals tests. Which one I play depends on if the whole class is done, and we can talk, or if we have to sit and be silent. I would, of course, play Texas Hold 'Em if we could talk, but if not, I would play solitaire.

Solitaire is a very generic group of games. These involve many aspects that the solitaire that you an I think of has. This common form of solitaire is called Klondike. It became so popular because of its default on Windows computers. This program was created by Wes Cherry, but he was never paid, because of complications.

Klondike solitaire has a few different styles of play. The original style is to draw one card at a time, allowing the player to draw through the deck as many times as they want. The Vegas version consists of drawing three cards at a time, and restricting the amount of times a person can go through the deck.

Though debatable, I think that Klondike has very little strategy. All that one has to do is not play stupid. For instance, a stupid move would be to play 2 through 7 of hearts, if the other suits are still on their ace. This restricts clubs and spades from being played on the field, and jeopardizes the game for the player. Maybe that is a bad example, because play as many cards on top is not stupid, but a novice mistake. But really, a small amount of experience and a little bit of thinking is all anyone needs to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment